Everything I say is Fascinating!!!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

***FIREWORKS***


This year Reina experienced her very first fourth of July. How exciting!!
It came complete with a cook-out at my parents house, a little relax time and then sitting on the beach watching the fireworks. Well honestly, she pretty much slept through the whole thing.
There she is smiling with her Auntie Amber, wearing the same dress Ella wore for her first 4th.

We were pretty amazed at Ella and how well she handled the fireworks. Although she thought that most of them looked like "bushes". The noise didn't bother her, she actually found it rather amusing to try and mimic the sounds they made with very enthusiastic BOOMS and BANGS with the occational "They're crackin' up". lol She made the whole thing worth while. It was 11:00 pm by the time we were loaded up and headed home. Ella fell asleep in 2 minutes grasping her 4th of July glow-in-the-dark necklaces. So sweet!

My sister Amber and I had our first "day at the beach" experience with Reina and Ella...not to be done again! lol When we first got there Ella didn't want to get dirty by playing in the sand and she didn't want to get close to the water. By the time our day at the beach was coming to an end she was filthy with sand but would only stick her feet in the water. Oh well, it wasn't a total loss. Amber and I did have a good time together and actually made ourselves go out in public with our bathing suits on! lol Which reminds me...definitely need a new one...you know what I mean Amber...lol

So, what did we learn today? Fireworks - good, beach - bad...

Oh yes, Jon and I really enjoyed the day as well. Once we had ate and the girls were happy, Jonathan and I headed downtown in search of a sweatshirt for Ella because I thought, THOUGHT, I didn't have one for her to wear to the fireworks. It was so nice being able to spend some time with just one another. My time is usually pretty consumed with Reina seeing as how she's still nursing, so it was so nice to just spend time together. It was just an all around great day!
I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    haaaa...good pics!

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    yeah -- do yourself a favor and go to Old navy for a new suit if you have to!

    hehehe

    love you anyway :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home